The church was started around 1946 at 301 Sheldon and moved to 3719 21st in October of 1975. The land was bought in late 1974 and Killingsworth Construction started the project in May of 1975. The pastor at the time was James Gehlen. A few years after the church was built, the bus ministry was started. Since that time, we have had the bus, now a van, drive to pick up kids in the community. Families have travelled as far as Cannon Air Force Base, West Texas (Friona, Hereford) and Eastern New Mexico (Portales, Melrose, Grady) to be part of our church family. We have had some missionaries come and speak to us over the years along with the choir from Mid-America Christian University. In the years since we have sent students pursue a degree in ministry. Jared Reynolds is a former pastor that went to Mid-America and graduated while preaching at our church. Ester Gaylen (now Rehbein) also attended our church and now currently works at Mid-America.